Volume 36, Issue 144 (October 2023)                   IJN 2023, 36(144): 386-397 | Back to browse issues page


XML Persian Abstract Print


Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

Moghimi S, Seraji M, Arab Borzu Z. Predicting the Factors Related to the Acceptance of COVID-19 Vaccination by Pregnant and Lactating Women Referring to Comprehensive Health Service Centers in Zahedan, Iran, Using the Health Belief Model. IJN 2023; 36 (144) :386-397
URL: http://ijn.iums.ac.ir/article-1-3716-en.html
1- Student Research and Technology Committee, Zahedan University of Medical Sciences, Zahedan, Iran.
2- Health Education and Health Promotion, Health Promotion Research Center, Zahedan University of Medical Sciences, Zahedan, Iran. , serajimaryam@gmail.com
3- Department of Epidemiology & Biostatistics, Zahedan University of Medical Sciences, Zahedan, Iran.
Abstract:   (284 Views)
Background & Aims During the COVID-19 pandemic, vaccination is necessary for pregnant or lactating women which can prevent them from infection to severe case of disease. The present study aims to determine the factors related to the acceptance of COVID-19 vaccination among pregnant or lactating women in Zahedan, Iran using the health belief model (HBM).
Materials & Methods This is a cross-sectional study. Participants were 260 pregnant or lactating women referred to comprehensive health service centers in Zahedan city in 2022. Sampling method was done as a convenience sampling method. Data collection was done using a demographic form and a HBM-based questionnaire. The reliability of the questionnaire was confirmed based on Cronbach’s alpha value of 0.7. Moreover, the content validity index value was 0.81 and the content validity ratio was 0.77. The data were analyzed using non-parametric Wilcoxon test, Mann-Whitney U test, Spearman correlation test, and regression analysis in SPSS software, version 22.
Results The results of the regression analysis showed that the demographic variables explained 12.6% of the variance in vaccine acceptance behavior, where only the effect of age and educational level was significant, (P<0.05). The BM constructs along with age and educational level predicted 26.3% of the variance in vaccine acceptance behavior, where only age, self-efficacy and perceived benefits had a significant effect (P<0.05). Overall, the mentioned variables predicted 38.9% of the variance in vaccine acceptance behavior.
Conclusion The factors of young age, high educational level, and the HBM constructs of self-efficacy and perceived benefits can predict the COVID-19 vaccine acceptance behavior of pregnant or lactating women in the South East of Iran. These findings can help policymakers and health care providers to use this model in designing program for improving vaccination acceptance of these high-risk groups.
Full-Text [PDF 4069 kb]   (60 Downloads) |   |   Full-Text (HTML)  (61 Views)  
Type of Study: Research | Subject: nursing
Received: 2023/07/22 | Accepted: 2023/10/1 | Published: 2023/11/2

Add your comments about this article : Your username or Email:
CAPTCHA

Send email to the article author


Rights and permissions
Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.

© 2015 All Rights Reserved | Iran Journal of Nursing

Designed & Developed by : Yektaweb