Volume 15, Issue 32 And 33 (Winter & Spring 2002)                   IJN 2002, 15(32 And 33): 37-43 | Back to browse issues page


XML Persian Abstract Print


Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

Nikpour, S, Yosefi, R, Javadi, F, Hosseini, F. REASONS OF REFERRING AND NOT REFERRING OF SATISFIED AND UNSATISFIED WOMEN FROM HEALTH SERVICES, TO OUTPATIENTS DEPARTMENT (O.P.D). IJN. 2002; 15 (32 and 33) :37-43
URL: http://ijn.iums.ac.ir/article-1-92-en.html

هيئت علمي
Abstract:   (6864 Views)
Background: Assessing the reasons of referring and not referring to O.P.D (outpatients department) and the satisfaction level of the clients can be one of the health promotion aims, because selection of the health system or the health provider, is the result of one’s level of satisfaction. Objective: Assessing the reasons of referring and not referring of satisfied and unsatisfied women from health services to O.P.D (s), and the role of personal variables in this matter. Design: This was a field study Research, in which the reasons of referring and not referring of satisfied and unsatisfied women from health services, were determined by using a questionnaire. Sample: 419 women between the age of 17 to 50 years were assigned in two referring (270) and not referring (149) groups. Among the first group we had 230 satisfied and 40 unsatisfied and in second one (108 satisfied and 41 unsatisfied) clients. All Residences of western region of Tehran. Results: The results showed that 80.7% of all cases were completely satisfied with the health services, they had had received, and the remaining 19.3% were not satisfied. The reasons of referring in both satisfied and unsatisfied groups were as follow: need of health services, efficiency and usefulness of the medical care, good support of the staff, availability of all kinds of medical assistance in the center, their confidence in services, charge free appropriate quality and availability. Only 3.5% referred because they had friends or relatives who were working there. The reasons of not referring in satisfied and unsatisfied groups were as fallow: long way between the center and home, lack of the participation of clients in their health promotion program, anarchy, rush of personnel limitation of services, having a pereferance for a private physician. The results showed a significant relationship between some of the referring reasons. In both satisfied and unsatisfied groups with the age, number of children, number of referrals, and the educational level (P<0.05). Also there was a significant relationship between some of not referring reasons in satisfied women with the age and the age of the last child (P<0.05). There were no relationship between not referring reasons in unsatisfied women with personal variables. Conclusion: Based on the findings it is suggested to employ proper health services, and establish all kinds of specialties according to the client’s needs. It is also recommended to the health providers, to let the clients participate in their problem solving programs.
Full-Text [PDF 107 kb]   (1201 Downloads)    
Type of Study: Research | Subject: nursing
Received: 2007/01/2 | Accepted: 2014/08/25 | Published: 2014/08/25

© 2015 All Rights Reserved | Iran Journal of Nursing

Designed & Developed by : Yektaweb